Monday, January 12, 2009

On belly buttons and parties.

Two quick notes:

1. The landscape of my belly button is changing, and I can't stop fiddling with it. It's become a shallow, smooth basin, the wrinkles it's harbored for over 30 years suddenly smoothing out. It looks like a perfect swimming pool for an ant. I guess this means I'm on my way to that odd pregnancy belly button, flattened smooth or even popping out and showing through your shirt. Ew.

2. Such a social weekend, a benefit and two parties to go to, and now my hips hurt so badly I'm walking funny. I HATE to sit down at parties, I'm too restless and would almost always rather be on my feet. I need to learn to get over this, I fear, until the summer. Ow.

Friday night at the benefit you started kicking wildly when a drums started. I can see where this is going.

No comments: