Thursday, February 5, 2009

24 weeks.

A semi-artistic belly shot, courtesy of your father:

Note the bit of snow on the ground outside. It's been frigid here for the past few days, cold enough that the snow we got has not melted yet. This never really happens and people here are just not able to deal with this cold weather. This must be how people that live in the extreme north feel in the midst of a heat wave. While I used to be able to tolerate the cold when I lived in New York, I've totally lost my chops and find myself without even a really warm coat or a pair of decent gloves this winter.

Anyway, I had my 24-week appointment yesterday and everything went perfectly. I'm measuring 24 inches at 24 weeks, you clever thing, and in spite of continued slow weight gain (3 pounds this time for an overall total of 7 pounds for the entire pregnancy), you are growing like a champ. And moving ever more. This was a pretty breezy appointment, pee in a cup, get weighed, listen to your rockin' heartbeat, and the measuring. Next month I get to do the oh-so-fun glucose test for gestational diabetes. Exciting.

In actual exciting news, I'm headed down to the Atlanta/Athens area this weekend with my mom (your grandmother Meno) and sister (Aunt Sara Kate), to hit up Ikea and see where my baby sister (Aunt Helen) is living. We'll be getting all sorts of goodies for you, most importantly your crib. I'm already planning to take Monday off to help put things together and I'm so excited. Nothing but the finest inexpensive Swedish prefabricated furniture for you, my love.

2 comments:

Amblus said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is going well. Is it terrible that I immediately fixated on your cute shoes in that photo?

Marianne said...

Hee! They are the only thing you can really see, I reckon.