Monday, February 23, 2009

Third what?

Third trimester? What? How? How can I simultaneously feel as though I have been pregnant forever (seriously, am I an elephant?), yet at the same time feel bewildered that we're this far along in the game?

27 weeks. Your due date is exactly 3 months from today. Holy crap, I need to go organize something. Much to your father's chagrin, the nesting phase has already hit and he is having to do the brunt of the work. We're painting, moving furniture, assembling things. Notice I said "we". Isn't that adorable?

In my defense, I was quite productive this weekend. I decided that our chest freezer needed filling in preparation for the final days of massive pregnancy that await. And so, I put away 3 chicken and rice dishes, 2 lasagnas, and 2 ziplocs of beef stew this weekend. I find it calming, having a freezer full of food. I hope to have a couple more of these marathon cooking weekends in the coming weeks. It's hard to decide what to make because it's hard to predict what I'll find suitable to eat, but I must persevere.

No comments: