Thursday, February 19, 2009

Misery and a lesson.

This is turning out to be a Bad Week. Bad, bad, bad. Rife with a sinus infection (for which I was finally prescribed blessed antibiotics), random and shocking joint pain, insomnia, appetite issues. It's just such an altogether bad week that I don't think it will even do me any good to elaborate.

But here is a quick life lesson from old m-o-m. February, in East Tennessee, is still winter. WINTER. In winter, we do not wear flip flops, shorts, tiny sheer sundresses (maybe we never wear these, ever). Even when the temperature soars into the relatively balmy 50's and 60's, we stick to our lighter weight but still seasonally appropriate clothing. March is right around the corner, and with it the beginning of spring for real. Getting caught in 37 degree weather wearing sandals, short sleeves, and capri pants just makes you look foolish.

I'll be back this weekend with tales of assembling Ikea furniture and hopefully a return to good cheer and health.

2 comments:

Amblus said...

Oh, TOTALLY. I cannot tell you how irritated I get when I see kids here on campus walking around in flip flops and short sleeves. Its 40 degrees! Still winter, kids!

Skeezix said...

I agree. Guess what booty shorts and Uggs are not appropriate when its 23 degrees and snowing.