Thursday, September 18, 2008

Too sick to notice.

I have a terrible cold. Terrible! Oh, adorable bundle of cells, this cold is getting the better of me. But really, it is making me appreciate the modern miracle that is over-the-counter medicine. Nyquil! Sudafed! Advil Cold & Sinus! None of which I can take!

I mentioned before that I am medicating myself with the Neti Pot, orange juice, and wishes, but we've upped the ante today. Today your father, (remind me to tell you more about him later), brought me chicken broth, Vicks Vaporub, and Vitamin Water! And Snicker's Ice Cream bars which I assure you is an ancient homeopathic remedy. I have slept most of the day, tried to do some work, and I'm rereading Twilight. Yes, nothing but the best for you.

Because of the dastardly cold I am not noticing much on the pregnancy symptom front. Well, other than my front, which is spilling out of its bra and HURTS. And the plague of gas continues. I burp every minute. Every sip of water is followed by multiple burps. So special.

I think I have to go back to bed now and rub myself down with Vicks Vaporub and read more about the tortured teenaged vampire Edward.

No comments: