Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Warm milk with honey and nutmeg.

This seems to be the magic help-me-sleep elixir, even if its effectiveness is mostly in my head. I really wish I had something to write about other than feeling incredibly tired, but I don't. I still don't have much of an appetite but managed to make a really nice pasta last night--roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, and fresh Italian sausage from the Farmer's Market.

While we probably eat a 90% organic diet already it is more important to me than ever to eat food that is whole and good and not scary (the latest thing scaring me--dairy from China). I've always eaten lots of good fruits and vegetables but of course I'm having to force myself to eat much at all. The good news is that Honeycrisp Apples, my #1 favorite, are back in season and in the stores, though they seem to be running nearly $3 for a huge apple. Oh well, it's worth it.

No comments: